Sunday, November 1, 2020

diy Opora Rays lip balm

In recent years, the fragrances that dominate the autumn season, are based on spices such as cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg, clove, the combination of which is reminds of sweet pumpkin pie that just came out of the oven. I generally enjoy the sweet melancholy of Autumn, however I am hesitant about using spices in cosmetics. I use them widely in cooking, but cosmetology is a completely different chapter. Of course, I could not have an opinion if I did not try to use them.
Initially, I tried to make autumn lip balm using the essential oils I mentioned above but as I expected, the result was quite intense. Essential oils can generally irritate the skin, especially the sensitive area of ​​the lips. Theoretically, we can add them, after diluting them to a great extent, something that I can do as a professional, but I could not recommend it to a beginner. In my opinion, it is better to leave your product odorless or use a flavouring oil.
So, in today's recipe I didn’t add any essential oil, but I used amazing pumpkin seed oil which is rich in vitamins, antioxidants and fatty acids, castor oil and cocoa butter because they have remarkable anti-inflammatory properties and coconut oil because it soothes and nourishes chapped lips. I also added beeswax and carnauba wax which create a protective film on the lips helping to hydrate while I used liquid lecithin and cetyl alcohol to stabilize the product and bond the ingredients together.
Opora Rays Lip Balm
formula for 50 g | 1.76 oz

12,20 g | 0.43 oz coconut oil
8,5 g | 0.30 oz castor oil
5 g | 0.18 oz pumpkin seed oil
2 g | 0.07 oz cocoa butter
10 g | 0.35 oz cetyl alcohol
8 g | 0.28 oz beeswax
2 g | 0.07 oz carnauba wax
2 g | 0.07 oz liquid lecithin
0,25 g | 0.009 oz vitamin E
0,05 g | 0.002 oz Pumpkin Souffle flavouring oil

tools
- a beaker
- a saucepan
- measuring spoons
- stainless steel whisk
- high accuracy digital scale
- lip balm tubes tins or jars

Firstly, you must sterilize tools, equipment and work surface and wear your gloves.


Prepare a water bath, by filling a heat- proof saucepan 1/3 full of water and place it to low heat. Weigh all the ingredients. Add the butters, the oils and the waxes into the beaker. Place it in your prepared water bath to melt everything through.

Remove the beaker from the water bath and dry it off with a towel. Stir with a stainless steel whisk to incorporate. Add vitamin E and stir thoroughly. Pour now the liquid lecithin and the flavouring oil. Stir again gently.

Pour the lip balm into tubes or tins and leave it to solidify before capping.

Enjoy! 


Stella Crown©

other recipes with pumpkin

🎃 Opora Rays body cream

🎃 Opora Rays foaming facial cleanser

🎃 Opora Rays body polish

🎃 Opora Rays shampoo & conditioner bars

🎃 Opora Rays melt & pour soap

🎃 Opora Rays bath bombs