|aloe vera & evening primrose gel-cream by Stella Crown|
Some years ago, in my first attempts to make creams and lotions, I tried to make a moisturizing gel-cream for my face. This came up because I have oily skin and cold cream, the only cream I made at that time, it was totally greasy for me. It was also a quick solution with easy ingredients, to have a cream immediately, because the only thing I had to do was just mixing. It's basically aloe vera gel, in which I added soy lecithin and voila! a refreshing cream with sweet and pleasant fragrance that leaves the skin hydrated and silky.
Then, I learned other tricks, I learnt more advanced creams and the gel-cream was just… forgotten! I would love to write the reason I remembered it the last days, but this is not the right place to explain. Make the gel-cream, whether you're beginner or advanced lotion maker :)
Special guest: aloe vera gel, what else? a natural product which can be used as a moisturizer of its own in synergy only with a vegetable oil of your choice. It helps and relieves from acne, reduces inflammation, fights premature aging, and at the same time stimulates the skin firmness. It is also used for stretch marks! It contains amino acids, enzymes, sugars, sterols, vitamins A, B1, B12, C, E, minerals and trace elements.
recipe for ~100 g | 3.5 oz
90 g | 3.2 oz aloe vera gel
3 g | 0.11 oz soy lecithin
4 g | 0.14 oz evening primrose oil
4 g | 0.14 oz jojoba oil
1 g | 0.04 oz rose hip oil
2 g | 0.07 oz vitamin E
12 drops vitamin A
1 g | 0.04 oz natural preservative
4 drops myrrh essential oil
4 drops neroli essential oil
4 drops chamomile essential oil
- Before you start making the gel cream, sterilise your tools, working surface, containers & wear your gloves.
- In a beaker, pour the aloe vera gel and the lecithin and mix thoroughly using a coffee mixer. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix again. The gel-cream is ready!
- Soy lecithin is a natural emulsifier. In this recipe, increases the stability and helps the gel to look like a cream. It is gmo FREE- it's important to find this type.
- Rosehip oil is one of the best oils for skin rejuvenation, jojoba oil nourishes and hydrates deeply while evening primrose oil has the highest fatty acid content (omega-6).
- Vitamin A removes dead skin cells and vitamin E softens the skin and protects it from free radicals.
- Myrrh essential oil is anti-wrinkle, neroli is anaplastic and chamomile is soothing and anti-inflammatory.