|jasmine & edelweiss facial cream by Stella Crown|
Moisturizing, non-greasy day cream, rich in nutrients. A protective shield against free radicals which stimulates and regenerates skin cells. It feeds and treats the normal & combination skin types, gives a 24-hour hydration that enhances a natural luster. It is also the ideal base before makeup.
Special guests: jasmine oil with a delicate fragrance, unique and precious. Suitable for all skin types, stimulates the skin elasticity and hydrates deeply. It cures scars, it reduces wrinkles and prevents aging. In this recipe I used jasmine blossoms which I extracted into grape seed oil for about 20 days.
Our other guest is the extra-fine edelweiss extract, which is a powerful anti-aging ingredient, suitable even for the younger skin types that just want to remain young. It is antioxidant, with strong anti-wrinkle action, healing and regenerative.
how to make jasmine infused oil:
I chose to extract this time in grape seeds oil as it is not easily oxidized but it doesn’t leave greasiness when is applied while it tightens the skin. For the jasmine oil we will need:
- 100 g | 3.5 oz vegetable oil
- fresh jasmine blossoms
- 1 g | 0.04 oz vitamin E
Wash the fresh jasmine blossoms and let them dry; be careful not to destroy them. Put the oil in a sterilised glass jar, add vitamin E and mix thorouglhy. Add the jasmine blossoms, close with an airtight lid and leave the oil in a cool place.
Every five days drain the oil and repeat the procedure for 20 days.
recipe for 100 g | 3.5 oz
cosmetic phase a:
6 g | 0.21 oz jasmine infused grape seed oil
6 g | 0.21 oz apricot kernel oil
4 g | 0.14 oz hazelnut oil
7 g | 0.25 oz emulsifying waxes
cosmetic phase b:
35 g | 1.2 oz jasmine floral water
35 g | 1.2 oz rose floral water
5 g | 0.18 oz vegetable glycerin
cosmetic phase c:
2 g | 0.07 oz edelweiss extract
1 g | 0.04 oz vitamin E
1 g | 0.04 oz natural preservative
cosmetic phase d:
8 drops honeysuckle essential oil
6 drops rose essential oil
2 drops jasmine essential oil
- Before we start making the cream, we sterilise tools, containers and work surface while we do not forget our gloves.
- We follow the cosmetic cream preparation procedure which you can find it, here.
- Apricot kernel oil is refreshing and softening, strengthens the skin's hydro-lipidic film, absorbs directly and penetrates deeply while hazelnut oil promises sure tightening and softness.
- Rose water is anti-aging, jasmine floral water is refreshing while vegetable glycerin hydrates in deeply.
- Vitamin E softens the skin, honeysuckle is sedative, rose is anti-wrinkle while jasmine stimulates elasticity.