Tuesday, July 24, 2018

diy Starry Peach bath bombs

Starry Peach bath bombs by Stella Crown

Μy new obsession has a name: bath bombs! They are easy to make, you can set your imagination free, they smell super, while being aromatherapeutic and moisturizing. They are a beautiful and economical way to bring the spa to your home with ingredients that you find easily.

This is the reason why lately, I’ve been experimenting a lot until I find the recipe that will satisfy me completely. I want lather but I do not want to add SLS. I want them to spin but I do not want to increase the amount of citric acid. I want them to be tough not to break in transfer but I do not want them to sink. 

Before proceeding to the preparation, however, I must first make the necessary recommendations. This time I just change a little bit the recipe I presented here and I used therefore:
  • baking soda which acts as a natural exfoliating agent by removing dead cells and offers a mild cleansing 
  • citric acid which regulates pH and is a necessary ingredient for bombs
  • cream of tartar that helps the bombs to harden while removes toxins and dirt
  • buttermilk is particularly rich in lactic acid and in vitamins B2 and B12. The reason we add this, is because it creates extra foaming and
  • polysorbate 80 which is especially useful if you want to add oils to cosmetics. If, for example, you want to add almond oil to a shampoo or if you want to make a bath bomb or a bath oil, then Polysorbate 80 is the ideal ingredient to "bind" the ingredients to each other.

Starry Peach Bath Bombs

160 g | 5.6 oz baking soda
100 g | 3.5 oz citric acid
50 g | 1.7 oz cream of tartar
40 g | 1.4 oz buttermilk powder
12 g | 0.42 oz peach kernel oil
24 g | 0.84 oz polysorbate 80
2 g | 0.07 oz peach f.o.
mica yellow

equipment needed:
bath bomb molds
- spray bottle for isopropyl alcohol
- high accuracy digital scale
- mixing bowl
- wire whisk
- gloves
- mask
  • Before you start making the bombs, sterilise tools, equipment, work surface and wear gloves and mask. Weigh your ingredients.
  • Pass the baking soda, the cream of tartar and the buttermilk through the sieve, into your bowl. We use the sieve be cause we don’t want chunks. Stir with your whisk slightly. Add all the remaining ingredients and stir again. Spray with isopropyl alcohol until the mixture is liquefied while stirring gracefully and do not stop until the mixture becomes like wet sand. You can use your hands for the stirring, instead of whisker.
  • This time I decided to add the citric acid at very very last. Stir thoroughly.
  • Pack the mixture in your mold firmly and press well. Pop out directly. If you don’t succeed the shape, pack the mixture back to the mold, press again and pop out. Let your bombs dry for 24 hours.
Enjoy!