|Eléa Sun Care by Stella Crown|
Well, I don't really like sunbathing and that’ s the reason that I choose to go to the beach in the afternoon, only to allow my skin to produce vitamin D, without the risk of dehydration or burning from the sun.
For those though who love baking (!) and in order to speed up the tanning process, I made an absolutely natural tanning oil which also acts against premature ageing, hydrates deeply, tightens the skin and absorbed by the skin directly without any greasiness 👆👌👏👏👏
Guest star: Organic wild olive oil from my own native trees, please. The fruits of wild olive tree have been picked carefully by hand, frankly, my hand, while it has the same properties as the early harvest olive oil that we’ve already talked about here and here- remember oleiacein and oleokanthal. The most significant difference between the two kinds of olive oil and is that while the early harvest olive oil contains a SPF to 8, the wild olive oil has a SPF to 15 which means that it is a sunscreen product by itself without any other addition! How perfect is this?
And if you are wondering why you haven’t heard about wild olive oil never before, the reason is that the fruits of wild olive tree give a very small quantity of oil, which means it has to be sold very expensive. A small quantity of oil with miraculous properties though.
Today's recipe is simple, we just mix our ingredients and pour the mixture in a bottle. If you can’t find wild olive oil, you can replace it with extra virgin olive oil or early harvest olive oil, but you will have a sunscreen oil with a SPF between 8 and 10.
Dark Tanning Oil
recipe for ~150 g | 5.3 oz
recipe for ~150 g | 5.3 oz
110 g | 3.9 oz wild olive oil
20 g | 0.71 oz sesame seed oil
10 g | 0.35 oz avocado oil
10 g | 0.35 oz carrot tissue oil
2 g | 0.07 oz vitamin E
20 drops lavender essential oil
18 drops chamomile essential oil
12 drops myrrh essential oil
- Before we start making our tanning oil, we sterilise tools, containers and work surface. It maybe is an easy process but we want to have in the end a clean and sterilised product that will last.
- Add all the ingredients in a beaker, stir thoroughly with a stainless whisker and pour the mixture in a spray bottle.The tanning oil is ready!
- Before every use, shake well and spray carefully. Be careful with your clothes or whatever you wear- the carrot oil unfortunately dyes.
- In my personal oil, I added an little bit of gold mica in order to give a slight glow to my skin.
- Sesame seed oil is rich in vitamin E, phospholipids and lecithin, moistures deep and makes the skin shining, while avocado oil regenerates the skin cells and prevents aging. Carrot oil moisturizes, nourishes and tightens the skin- it is widely used in creams against stretch marks and cellulite.
- Vitamin E preserves our product, combats dryness while softens and protects the skin from free radicals.
- Lavender essential oil is antiseptic, chamomile is anti-inflammatory, while the myrrh essential oil is soothing and antimicrobial.