|“eléa” by Stella Crown|
Today’s recipe is about a traditional dreamy 3-in-1 cream which travels us in time and offers us an ancient Greek but also exotic feeling. A super cream with velvety texture that is absorbed directly without any greasiness. You can use it as a body cream, as a hand cream and as a facial night cream. It is part of the “eléa" project and it is based on the early harvest olive oil, the natural oil that comes from the olive crushing, while the olive is still small, unripe and green.
Special guest: Orange Blossom Honey! I love it because it protects the skin from infections, it is a natural moisturiser as it can soothe even the most dehydrated skins, it fights free radicals thanks to the antioxidants it contains, it keeps the skin fresh and renewed. It promotes wound healing and is a mild antiseptic.
recipe for ~ 100 g | 3.6 oz
cosmetic phase A:
8 g | 0.28 oz early harvest olive oil
4 g | 0.14 oz St. John’s wort oil
2 g | 0.07 oz calendula oil
6 g | 0.21 oz emulsifying wax
4 g | 0.14 oz beeswax
cosmetic phase B:
35 g | 1.23 oz orange floral water
20 g | 0.71 oz ylang ylang floral water
10 g | 0.35 oz lavender floral water
5 g | 0.18 oz aloe vera gel
cosmetic phase C:
2 g | 0.07 oz provitamin B5 (d-panthenol)
1 g | 0.04 oz vitamin E
1 g | 0.04 oz orange blossom honey
1 g | 0.04 oz natural preservative
cosmetic phase D:
18 drops bergamot essential oil
12 drops tangerine essential oil
10 drops ylang ylang essential oil
- Before we start making our cream, we sterilise tools, containers, work surface and we wear our gloves.
- We follow the cosmetic cream preparation procedure which you can find here.
- The early harvest olive oil contains all the vitamins and provitamins of olive oil, minerals and polyphenols that all together protect the cells from oxidative stress, active oxygen and free radicals.
- St. John’s wort oil was the famous remedy of the ancient Spartans with which they healed their wounds after the battles. Except its therapeutic properties, it stimulates and tightens the skin.
- Calendula oil is rich in flavonoids and carotenoids, provides elasticity and softness to the skin and is suitable for damaged, irritated and sensitive skin.
- The beeswax contains antibiotic and antioxidant substances, it softens and heals the skin while stimulates elasticity.
- Orange floral water rejuvenates the skin, lavender sinks into the pores and repairs all imperfections of the skin while the exotic ylang ylang rests and revitalizes.
- Provitamin B5 (d-panthenol) enhances collagen production and regenerates skin tissues while vitamin E softens and protects the skin from the destruction which is caused by free radicals.
- The bergamot is tonic and antiseptic, the tangerine is anti-wrinkle and soothing, while the ylang ylang essential oil is the detail lifts off the cream and your skin!