|after shave cream by Stella Crown|
I am pretty sure that the special man in your life, whether it’s a father, husband, grandfather, son, will enjoy and appreciate this wonderful recipe I have prepared for a cool and soothing after-shave cream that you will prepare or buy for him.
While I was making shaving soap, I remembered that I haven’t wrote anything about the nutritious and moisturising after-shave cream which all the males I am working with, cannot live without it any more.
Well ok, I have no idea what it’s like to shave your face, but I do know well how it feels like, shaving your legs and how the irritated skin absorbs all the benefits of using an after-shave cream, immediately.
With this cream, forget irritations, red marks, wild & dry skin for ever!
Special guest: The Hemp Seed Oil which is rich in antioxidants, phytosterols and proteins, while it contains the optimal 3: 1 ratio of omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids, a ratio that is not present in any other vegetable oil. It is absorbed easily and quickly, it cures any skin problem you can imagine, it offers generous anti-aging, anti-inflammatory and moisturizing properties, while provides sun protection with a 4-10 SPF. It is added to the third phase because it belongs to the very sensitive oils category.
recipe for ~ 100g| 3.6 oz
cosmetic phase a:
5 g| 0.18 oz shea butter
5 g| 0.18 oz rice bran oil
5 g| 0.18 oz jojoba oil
6 g| 0.21 oz emulsifying wax
3 g| 0.11 oz beeswax
cosmetic phase b:
30 g| 1.1 oz witch hazel floral water
20 g| 0.71 oz chamomile floral water
10 g| 0.36 oz aloe vera gel
5 g| 0.18 oz vegetable glycerin
cosmetic phase c:
8 g| 0.28 oz hemp seed oil
3 g| 0.11 oz provitamin B5 (d-panthenol)
3 g| 0.11 oz snail slime
2 g| 0.08 oz vitamin E
1 g| 0.04 oz cucumber extract
1 g| 0.04 oz natural persecutive
cosmetic phase d:
7 drops chamomile essential oil
3 drops cypress essential oil
3 drops sandalwood essential oil
1 g| 0.04 oz cosmetic fragrance of your choice
- Before we start making the cream, we sterilise tools, containers and work surface, while we were our gloves.
- We follow the cosmetic cream preparation procedure, available here.
- Shea butter is rich in phenolic substances with rich antioxidant action, stimulates the skin defence, fights free radicals and hydrates deeply.
- Rice bran oil is rich in vitamin E and gamma-oryzanol, a substance that protects the lipids of the skin from oxidation. Light oil, is absorbed directly, nourishes, stimulates and prevents wrinkles.
- Jojoba oil resembles the composition of human skin, stimulates the elasticity of the skin by reducing wrinkles, it is anti-inflammatory and antioxidant, it is absorbed directly without leaving any greasiness.
- Beeswax has antibiotic substances, heals and softens, maintains skin's natural moisture and protects from pollution and premature aging.
- Witch hazel floral water relieves and calms the skin and acts antiseptically and antioxidant while the chamomile floral water relaxes and soothes the inflammations.
- Aloe vera gel treats and cures the skin while providing antibiotic and antifungal activity while vegetable glycerin from coconut oil leaves the skin soft and silky.
- Provitamin B5 (d-panthenol) ensures rich and deep hydration, soothes and heals drastically irritations, while vitamin E fights dryness and provides softening and anti-aging action.
- Snail slime is one of the strongest healing ingredients. It reconstructs tissues, has antioxidant activity and provides antibiotic properties. It nourishes and protects the skin, heals inflammations & works anti-bacterially.
- Cucumber extract stimulates, cleans and hydrates the facial skin.
- Chamomile essential oil is sedative and anti-inflammatory, cypress essential oil is tonic and antiseptic while sandalwood is anti-inflammatory and antibacterial.