|Stella Crown Handmade Natural Cosmetics|
Hello my friends!
Our menu today has these extraordinary candies, which are actually a solid body lotion, very aromatic and moisturising and the most important thing is that is very easy to make them. I’ m sorry, you can’ t eat them :) They are very popular worldwide but, in my opinion, very expensive to buy them, so you better start cooking them.
This type of body lotion belongs to the waterless products because it doesn't’ t require any emulsifying with water. It is solid at room temperature and look like bars of soap, but when rubbed on the skin a tiny amount, melts and is transferred to the skin, leaving a moisturising and very thin layer.
This recipe is another part of The HoneyBee Project; that’ s why I used pure beeswax which is the basic ingredient of the recipe and Taygetus thyme honey. The honey makes our solid lotion softer and it is easier to apply on the skin, however, if anybody of you, wants a harder texture, just melt again the solid lotion and add more beeswax.
16 g | 0.6 oz beeswax
24 g | 0.85 oz shea butter
20 g | 0.7 oz early harvest olive oil
14 g | 0.5 oz cocoa butter
7 g | 0.25 oz calendula oil
6 g | 0.21 oz carrot oil
3 g | 0.11 oz Taygetus thyme honey
1 g | 0.04 oz vitamin E
0,5 g | 0.02 oz vitamin A
1 g | 0.04 oz honey food flavouring
- a glass pyrex bowl
- a saucepan
- measuring spoons
- stainless steel whisk for mixing
- high accuracy digital scale
- silicone cake mold
- Before we start making our lotion candies, we sterilise tools, containers and work surface.
- In a glass pyrex bowl with a spout, add the butters, the oils and the beeswax (grated or in small pieces).
- I use a saucepan as a double boiler, a method which is called “bain marie”. So, fill a heat- proof saucepan 1/3 full of water and place it to low temperature.
- Place the glass pyrex bowl into the saucepan and melt.
- When the ingredients are melted, stir thoroughly and remove your glass pyrex bowl from heat.
- Add the honey and stir thoroughly again.
- Allow your blend to cool a little bit, for a few seconds.
- Add vitamins and honey food flavouring. Mix well again and pour into silicone mold.
- When our mixture get solid, we remove it from the mold and store it in a cool place.
- Beeswax contains antibiotic substances and provides rich antioxidant action, it heals and softens the skin while enhancing its elasticity. It is an anti- inflammatory ingredient that maintains the skin’s moisture to normal levels, by creating a protective hydro- lipidic film on its surface.
- Honey protects the skin from infections, is a natural moisturiser that can soften even the most dehydrated skin or hair and it fights free radicals thanks to its antioxidant properties, keeping the skin refreshed. It boosts the wound healing process and is a mild antiseptic.
- Shea butter increases the skin elasticity, moistures deeply, fights free radicals and provides rich antimicrobial activity.
- Early harvest olive oil is the ideal oil for our skin care. It contains vitamins and provitamins, minerals and polyphenols, protects skin cells from free radicals and provides elasticity.
- Cocoa butter has strong healing properties due to its high contents in vitamins K and E, it boosts skin elasticity, it softens and repairs.
- Calendula oil is considered as the best massage oil and one of the most effective anti- inflammatory ingredients against chilblains and a skin tissue stimulant. It is an oil rich in flavonoids, carotenoids and vitamins A, B, C and E. It has soothing and antisepticc action on dehydrated skin.
- Carrot oil contributes effectively to skin regeneration, soothes the irritated skin, tightens and maintains its elasticity. It fights free radicals, responsible for premature aging and it is mostly used against stretch marks and cellulite.
- Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant component, maintains skin moisture levels to normal, fighting dryness and acts as a natural preservative, while vitamin A regenerates the skin and acts as an exfoliating agent by removing dead skin cells.