|Chios mastic & rose Absolute facial cream by Stella Crown|
The recipe of the day is about an anti-aging facial cream which reminds us of Constantinople since after the first contact you think you are applying on your skin the kazandibi dessert; a test will convince you! 😍
One of the leading stars here, is our favourite mastic, a popular resin since antiquity, the amber of greek land which accepts to offer its precious “tears” only in Chios island. Chios mastic is considered the master of the anti-aging battle as it tightens the skin tissues, neutralizes free radicals and contributes dynamically to collagen production.
Rose, the other protagonist, is a complete cosmetic product by itself with a divine essence that is not so easy to “jail”. Multiperspective oil as it contains about 500 active substances! It rebuilds the skin, it helps the aged skin significantly while acting equilibrically and in our psychological condition :) In this cream, we used different varieties, rosa damascena as essential oil, rosa canina as vegetable oil, rosa centifolia as rose water and part of the oils is coming from roses of our own choice.
recipe for ~ 120 g | 4.2 oz
cosmetic phase a:
8 g | 0.28 oz rose infused grapeseed oil
4 g | 0.14 oz argan oil
6 g | 0.21 oz olivem
2 g | 0.07 oz cetyl alcohol
cosmetic phase b:
30 g | 1.1 oz Chios mastic water
20 g | 0.7 oz rose floral water
15 g | 0.53 oz geranium floral water
5 g | 0.18 oz aloe vera gel
5 g | 0.18 oz vegetable glycerin
cosmetic phase c:
2 g | 0.07 oz rosehip oil
2 g | 0.07 oz evening primrose oil
2 g | 0.07 oz edelweiss extract
10 g | 0.35 oz hyaluronic acid
1 g | 0.04 oz vegetable collagen
1 g | 0.04 oz marine elastin
1 g | 0.04 oz vitamin E
12 drops vitamin A
1 g | 0.04 oz natural preservative
cosmetic phase d:
12 drops Chios mastic essential oil
10 drops rose essential oil
2 drops geranium essential oil
how to make rose infused oil:
Rose oil is a rich aromatic oil and everybody can make it, as Dioskourides writes, by baptizing rose petals in vegetable oil. It can be used in creams and soaps but also by itself only. It reconstructs and hydrates the skin thoroughly, combats premature aging while leaves the skin soft and silky.
If we don’t have fresh roses, we can use dried buds of rose. Sterilise your tools and your containers, this job needs definitely sterilization. For the rose oil we’ ll need:
- 100 g | 3.5 oz vegetable oil such as grapeseed oil
- fresh petals from one rose or a measuring cup (250 ml) dried roses
- 1 g| 0.04 oz vitamin E
- 2 drops rosa Damascena essential oil
Wash with water the fresh petals and let them dry; be careful not to destroy them. You follow the same procedure with the dried roses.
Put the oil and the petals in bain marie with low heat for two hours. Turn off the heat and let the oil to cool down.
Drain the oil with a coffee filter and put it in a sterilised dark bottle. Add the vitamin E and two drops of rosa Damascena essential oil and your rose oil is ready.
- Before we start making the cream we sterilise tools, containers, work surface. Don’ t forget your gloves.
- We follow the cosmetic cream preparation procedure which you can find, here.
- Evening primrose oil and rosehip oil are added to the third phase as they are very sensitive oils.
- Argan oil oxygenates the cells and tissues of the skin, while the evening primrose oil gives elasticity as it offers antioxidant action.
- In addition to the properties of the rose infused oil we should make a reference to the base we used and I refer to the grape seed oil that does not leave greasiness as it is absorbed directly, tightens the skin and fights the irritations.
- Rosehip oil is one of the best anti-aging and refreshing oils, it's therapeutic, "erases" acne and scars while fights against wrinkles and dark spots.
- Chios mastic water cleans, moisturizes and cures the skin, rose water softens and geranium floral water is anti-aging and balancing.
- Aloe vera gel stimulates the skin firmness, the vegetable glycerin gives a soft texture, hyaluronic acid hydrates and renews the skin tissues. The collagen I used is a glycoprotein extract, who resembles the properties of the collagen produced by our skin and in combination with the marine elastin the skin gets smoothed, preventing the appearance of wrinkles.
- Edelweiss extract is a new treasure I discovered recently, with powerful antioxidant properties, so powerful with 100% active anti-aging action suitable for mature and aged skin but also for young skin types that want to stay young.
- Vitamin E softens the skin and vitamin A removes dead cells.
- Chios mastic essential oil fights free radicals, rose is softening and anti-aging while geranium is super anti-wrinkle agent.