|Dead Sea mud mask by Stella Crown|
Summer is coming, sooner or later and most women are trying to get rid of excess weight, fight against cellulite and tighten their skin as much as possible.
Today, I prepared a detox body mask with a very nice new ingredient, the Dead Sea mud which is one of the best components to detoxify our skin and restore its luster.
This mask will be combined with the loofah soap, the massage oil or the anti- cellulite cream in order to help our body to get rid of toxins.
However, at the same time you must follow a balanced and healthy diet without sugar and carbs, drink lots of water and put exercise in your life. I emphasise on this: NONE of these products will ever give you results if you don’t change your bad nutritional habits.
recipe for ~300 g/ 11 oz
75 g/ 2.7 oz rosemary floral water
75 g/ 2.6 oz peppermint floral water
3 g/ 0.11 oz caffeine powder
60 g/ 2.1 oz bladderwrack powder (Fucus vesiculosus)
60 g/ 2.1 oz Dead Sea mud
8 g/ 0.28 oz hazelnut oil
7 g/ 0.25 oz carrot tissue oil
3 g/ 0.11 oz/ ivy oil
5 g/ 0.18 oz vegetable slimming cosmetic agent
6 g/ 0.2 oz pineapple extract
6 g/ 0.2 oz provitamin B5 (d-panthenol)
3 g/ 0.11 oz natural preservative
21 drops rosemary essential oil
18 drops juniper essential oil
15 drops lemon essential oil
9 drops sage essential oil
7 drops mandarin essential oil
2 drops carrot seed essential oil
- a 500 ml beaker
- a 250 ml beaker
- measuring spoons
- stainless steel whisk for mixing
- high accuracy digital scale
- electronic thermometer
- a saucepan
- a coffee mixer
- Before start making the mask, sterilise tools, containers and work surface.
- Weigh all the ingredients and set them aside.
- In a 250ml beaker, pour the floral waters.
- Take a small quantity of the floral waters mixture and pour it to the 500ml beaker.
- I use a saucepan as a double boiler; a method which is called “bain marie”. So, fill a heat- proof saucepan 1/3 full of water and place it to low temperature. Place the 500ml beaker into the saucepan and when the temperature reaches 38C (check it with the thermometer), withdraw the beaker from the heat.
- Pour quickly the caffeine powder in and mix well with the coffee mixer until the mixture cools down.
- Add in the mixture the whole floral waters and the bladderwrack powder. Mix well until the mixture gets homogenised.
- Add the Dead Sea mud and stir thoroughly.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix again. The mud mask is ready.
- Apply the mask all over your body or spread it to specific spots that they need help, leave it on bout half an hour to act and rinse with water. Do the procedure twice a week.
- Rosemary floral water is a heating substance, a fat burner with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects while peppermint floral water is astringent, tonic, stimulates the microcirculation of the skin and restores its radiance.
- Caffeine powder is one of the most suitable components to combat cellulite. It stimulates blood circulation, contributes to ft burning and hydrates deeply.
- Bladderwrack powder is a actually a kind of seaweed powder which has cleansing and antioxidant properties while enhancing the skin elastin and collagen.
- Dead Sea mud is used since ancient times for healing purposes. It removes contaminants and toxins, stimulates blood circulation and rejuvenates the skin cells.
- Hazelnut oil is an antioxidant agent, acts directly and quickly, moisturises and tightens the skin.
- Carrot tissue oil moisturises and nourishes, contributes efficiently in cell regeneration, it heals, it tightens and maintains the skin elasticity.
- Ivy oil is famous for its slimming effect. It fights against cellulite, it tightens the skin and treats the localised fat. Remember: the maximum dosage should not exceed 5%.
- The slimming agent is derived from green tea, coffee and cocoa, it has rich fat burning and antioxidant action, combats cellulite and localised fat.
- Pineapple extract is rich in vitamin C, it has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant action, removes toxins, fights free radicals and is a milf exfoliant.
- Provitamin B5 (d-panthenol) moisturises, soothes and regenerates the skin.
- Rosemary essential oil stimulates blood circulation, juniper combats cellulite and obesity while lemon detoxifies the skin. Sage combats water retention, mandarin makes the skin smooth and soft and carrot seed essential oil tones and refreshes.