|after sun body milk by Stella Crown|
Though we all love summer, sea and sun along with them we have also sunburns and denydrated flaky skin. Which means that we obviously need an anaplastic, regenerative and delicate lotion that will be absorbed directly.
So I made a simple but effective formula, where I intentionally used only beeswax for emulsification because I needed a texture rich and fatty enough; just what dehydrated skin needed. Furthermore, it heals and softens the skin, stimulates elasticity while forms a thin protective film that prevents the loss of moisture from the skin.
For the rest of the formula, I chose rich ingredients in order to soak and soften the skin:
- shea butter because it deeply hydrates, increases elasticity and helps maintain natural moisture
- carrot oil because it nourishes the skin and at the same time decisively contributes to the healing and regeneration of the damaged skin
- calendula infused early harvest olive oil for its beneficial and soothing effect on the skin, giving softness and elasticity which combined with calendula floral water to further stimulate its action on the skin
- comfrey infused sunflower oil for its impressive healing properties due to the allantoin it contains which stimulates the cell proliferation process and thus accelerates the healing of epidermal tissues
- aloe vera, panthenol, vitamin E and hyaluronic acid to stimulate skin moisture, while the synergy of essential oils of lavender, ylang ylang and clary sage contribute to maintaining its freshness
preparation of plant extracts:
To make the calendula & comfrey infused oils, pour each herb in its own sterilised jar. The herbs better better be dried and chopped. Fill each jar with the plant oil of your choice; the ratio I mostly use is 1:4. Add vitamin E to prevent the oil oxidisedion. Leave the jars in a bright place or near heat for about 20 days. Drain the oils and keep them in a dark glass bottle.
Lait Après Soleil | After Sun Body Milk
recipe for ~ 200 g | 7.1 oz
10 g | 0.35 oz shea butter
10 g | 0.35 oz carrot tissue oil
8 g | 0.28 oz calendula infused early harvest olive oil
8 g | 0.28 oz comfrey infused sunflower oil
7 g | 0.25 oz beeswax
120 g | 4.2 oz calendula floral water
18 g | 0.63 oz aloe vera gel
10 g | 0.35 oz provitamin B5 (d-panthenol)
5 g | 0.18 oz hyaluronic acid
2 g | 0.07 oz vitamin E
2 g | 0.07 oz natural preservative
10 drops lavender essential oil
5 drops ylang ylang essential oil
5 drops clary sage essential oil
- Follow the cosmetic cream preparation process; available here.
- Anyone who has difficulty using beeswax for emulsification, it would be useful to read the cold cream preparation process or replace beeswax with emulsifiers.
|Lait Après Soleil by Stella Crown|