Monday, July 30, 2018

diy Bug Off body mist

Bug Off body mist by Stella Crown
I can hardly describe my enthusiasm for summer. The only thing that spoil  my mood is mosquito coming by... and insects.. and bugs. I'm sure they exist in nature to serve their purpose, but I do not want them around me and I definitely do not want to bite me 😂
Since I can’t disappear them😬💥 I need to find a way to repel them using a more natural method than the products we are already used to from the market; for example, some of you might have heard of DEET, a substance we find in trade repellents. It is effective, but it is considered toxic.
Thankfully, there are several essential oils that have proven to be effective at repelling mosquitos and other bugs, without harming humans. After experimenting a lot with great results, I’ ll show you how to make your own bug off body mist easily and quickly.

Bug Off Body Mist
recipe for 100 g | 3.6 oz

50 g | 1.7 oz lavender floral water
25 g | 0.88 oz geranium floral water
21 g | 0.74 oz eucalyptus floral water
2 g | 0.07 oz polyprobate 20
1 g | 0.04 oz natural preservative
10 drops neem oil (optional)
20 drops lavender essential oil
10 drops geranium essential oil
5 drops lemongrass essential oil
5 drops eucalyptus essential oil
5 drops citronella essential oil

  • Before you start making our repellent, we sterilise tools, containers, work surface and you definitely wear gloves.
  • In a beaker, add the neem oil, the essential oils and the polysorbate 20. Stir thoroughly. In another beaker mix the floral water blend and the preservative. Add the floral water into the oily mixture. Mix again and if desired, add food colouring or mica. Transfer the mixture into a sanitised spray bottle and you bug off body mist is ready!
  • Neem oil has a very intense smell and for many people smells unbearably bad, however it is totally effective. If you can’t stand it, you can skip it from the recipe.
  • Not suitable for children under 3 years old. Keep it in cool place.